Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Move In

Yesterday was my first day at College for Creative Studies. It was new and exciting. As I drove up to the campus with my cousin a wave a nervousness washed over me, and I thought to myself: "Wow, I am actually here. I am actually doing this whole college thing. SO WEIRD." We parked and headed to the main office. As I stood in line waiting to take my ID picture I watched all the new students nervously looking around and wondered who my new friends would be. It was all so exciting! After I took my picture (which is not too great), we drove the car over to the loading area, unpacked my two suitcases and two small bags, and a few bags of stuff for my bed, and I couldn't believe how little stuff I had compared to all the other students! And I thought I had packed a lot. Well, for flying from Los Angeles, it was a lot of luggage. But these students had trucks full of stuff, one or two even had a small trailer attached to a truck! After some meet and greet conversation we were finally loaded into the freight elevator (which is HUGE!) with one of my roommates that I met while unloading, we had begun our college experience. Chelsea (one of my roommates) and I walked down this big hall searching for our room. And we found it! I was so surprised at how big it was! Its pretty awesome. Its in a corner, an L shaped room, that looks downtown Detroit as well as, hmmm, sideways? Haha, I'm not sure which way it faces, anyways, I love it. As we were looking around our third roommate, Alyssia came in. Yay! We all unpacked and started to get settled. After an hour or so of fixing up the room Alyssia, a couple of her friends and I went out walking on a search for food. 
As the day went on, bonding happened and Alyssia and I met more and more people. In the evening we had a housing meeting which told us about the usual guidelines and activities that will go on. But after that, the roomies and I decided to go out shopping. Well, we kind of got lost and ended up in Canada! Oh NO! Its all good though, we managed to get out and back on track.
About 200 dollars worth of supplies and food later (amongst the three of us), we headed back to our dorm.
When we got back to our room I was EXHAUSTED. As soon as I hit the pillow, I was out. 
Over all, I have to say it was a very successful day. CCS so far is a fantastic place to be, and I can't wait to continue my year here. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment