Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day Two

Today I woke up to the sound of a fire alarm, ran down eight flights of stairs and stumbled out into the cold morning with all the sleepy students. I later found out that this lovely occurrence was the result of a construction worker spray painting too close to a smoke detecter. All sleepy and not looking forward to taking an english exam I got dressed and headed over to the main campus. After almost passing out in the essay section, my roomies and I wandered around the campus waiting for the free pizza (YUM!). While standing around in the cafeteria it was fun to observe the new students interacting with each other. Some were playing pool, and ping pong, others were having loud, entertaining conversations. As a very large group, we headed down to the a basement for the basics of using the CCS website, which to be honest, was pretty darn boring (blah). We met our RAs, did a few introductions, then headed back to the dorm, where I met someone new! Lauren! (She's pretty darn awesome), I then proceeded to fall asleep for a couple of hours (very much needed). 
Later that evening a whole bunch of us walked a very long distance to GREEKTOWN!! Woo! I had some lovely breakfast, and some Superman ice cream. So good. =) 
When I got back to my dorm I decided to take a shower.... Which was FREEZING. Absolutely no warm water. After a while I got used to it, but man was I cold. Haha.
Overall, this day was a great one. I met so many new people, got the hang of this place, and began spotting out cool places to hang in the Big D. Tehe. Orientation is tomorrow, which should be fun, but it is all day. 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM. AHHH! Such a long day. =/ Well, in order for me to somehow survive tomorrow with out a nap, some good sleeping is in order. 
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment